From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal world file.
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 21:31:30
1 On 2/3/21 2:21 PM, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 > @system depends on your profile. So depending on what profile you
3 > select, you'll have a different set of implicitly selected packages.
4
5 The light bulb is starting to glow.
6
7 > To answer your original question...
8
9 > Probably selecting the "default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/systemd"
10 > profile would get you the closest to start with. Of course it
11 > won't automatically select every package that Ubuntubian ships with,
12 > but that should only require you to add a couple of meta packages
13 > (like gnome- base/gnome-extra-apps for example)
14
15 I'm thinking we might have different ideas of what debootstrap does. Or
16 perhaps that you thought I meant a fuller Debian / Ubuntu system.
17
18 I'm looking for the absolute minimum required for a Gentoo installation.
19 (Preferably one that can manage it's own packages and not depend on
20 another system.)
21
22 I would also VERY MUCH like to stay as far away from systemd et al. as
23 possible.
28 Grant. . . .
29 unix || die