From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal world file.
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 21:21:10
1 On Wed, 2021-02-03 at 13:40 -0700, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > > Are you thinking about the system packages instead of the world file?
3 >
4 > Yes. That's what I meant. Thank you for correcting me.
5 >
6 > > If so, I think it is as small as it can be already.
7 >
8 > That is / was my understanding as well. But I was not certain. Hence why I asked.
9
10 @system depends on your profile. So depending on what profile you
11 select, you'll have a different set of implicitly selected packages.
12
13 To answer your original question...
14
15 > What is the minimal world file to be somewhat conceptually similar to a
16 > debootstrap install of Debian / Ubuntu?
17
18 Probably selecting the "default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/systemd"
19 profile would get you the closest to start with. Of course it won't
20 automatically select every package that Ubuntubian ships with, but that
21 should only require you to add a couple of meta packages (like gnome-
22 base/gnome-extra-apps for example)