From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal world file.
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 20:40:27
1 On 2/3/21 1:29 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > If I recall correctly, the world file from a stage3 tarball is empty.
3 > It only has the packages you want installed added there.
4
5 You and Arve are correct.
6
7 > Are you thinking about the system packages instead of the world file?
8
9 Yes. That's what I meant. Thank you for correcting me.
10
11 > If so, I think it is as small as it can be already.
12
13 That is / was my understanding as well. But I was not certain. Hence
14 why I asked.
15
16 > After all, a stage3 tarball can't even boot as it has no kernel,
17 > boot loader mechanism or anything. It's only enough that you can
18 > build from to suite your needs.
19
20 I largely agree. But I thought there were also other binaries included
21 that aren't strictly needed.
26 Grant. . . .
27 unix || die