From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh defaults to coming in as user "root"?
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 07:08:08
1 On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 23:12:37 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > > The question is how did .ssh/config ever get there in the first
4 > > place?
5 >
6 > Seeing as how there is a Host entry with your notebook's name, I can
7 > only speculate that you, or something you ran, put it there.
8 >
9 > I find the KeyAlgorithms line to be atypical as well.
10
11 There was an update to sshd that caused connections to some older
12 variants to fail unless you used this, I have it in ssh_config to allow
13 connections to a DD-WRT router. Is it possible to hit a similar problem
14 and cut and pasted from a Google hit that also included the User line.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.