From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh defaults to coming in as user "root"?
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 16:28:14
1 On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 08:07:20AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
2 > On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 23:12:37 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > > I find the KeyAlgorithms line to be atypical as well.
5 >
6 > There was an update to sshd that caused connections to some older
7 > variants to fail unless you used this, I have it in ssh_config to allow
8 > connections to a DD-WRT router. Is it possible to hit a similar problem
9 > and cut and pasted from a Google hit that also included the User line.
10
11 I was running an older version of Puppy linux on the laptop for a
12 while, which may have hit the situation you describe. I'm surprised
13 mostly that I don't remember doing the config.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications