From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-admin/mcelog daily cronjob?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:14:49
1 On Thu, 17 April 2014, at 2:32 pm, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> Do you seriously consider it up for debate whether or not it's a bug,
4 >> when daily error messages are produced and emailed to the system
5 >> admin?
6 >
7 > That depends on whether you consider that to be the expected behavior
8 > for the way it has been set up; the cause is already known, wrong perms.
9
10 Well, it seems to be the Gentoo devs that set it up this way.
11
12 You're the expert - you tell me why this is happening.
13
14 You haven't given me any explanation why this package is on a freshly-installed Gentoo system, you haven't told me in the Gentoo install docs that I need to configure this package, have you?
15
16 Stroller.