From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] How to set Apache up to serve SSIs?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:13:39
1 On Tuesday 09 August 2011 01:31:25 Adam Carter wrote:
2 > > Looks like that isn't my problem then. I have another head-scratching
3 > > opportunity...
4 >
5 > Quick idea without proper investigation - building the modules is a
6 > different thing to actually loading them - they can be built but not
7 > loaded by the config, so obviously they wont work if that's what's
8 > happened.
9
10 Well, I do have this:
11
12 # cat /var/www/localhost/htdocs/.htaccess
13 RewriteEngine on
14
15 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://tideswellmvc.co.uk/.*$ [NC]
16 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://tideswellmvc.co.uk$ [NC]
17 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://tmvc.myzen.co.uk/.*$ [NC]
18 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://tmvc.myzen.co.uk$ [NC]
19 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.tideswellmvc.co.uk/.*$ [NC]
20 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.tideswellmvc.co.uk$ [NC]
21 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.tmvc.myzen.co.uk/.*$ [NC]
22 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.tmvc.myzen.co.uk$ [NC]
23 RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]
24
25 Options +Includes
26
27 I added that last line; I don't know where the rest came from, unless from
28 the production server at Zen Internet. Removing them all allows me to see
29 the images in the pages, which were provoking permission errors before, but
30 apache still doesn't process the SSI.
31
32 The alternative place for the Options line is in /etc/apache/<somefile>, but
33 which? I don't have virtual hosting set up: this is purely a development
34 environment for the remote production server.
35
36 What ownership permissions should the files under ..../htdocs have? As far as
37 I can see this is typical of them all at present:
38
39 -rw-r--r-- 1 prh apache 8.4K Aug 8 17:36 index.shtml
40 drwxr-xr-x 6 prh apache 4.0K Aug 7 17:24 pages
41
42 # groups prh
43 adm lp wheel floppy cdrom cdrw usb users portage plugdev apache prh
46 Rgds
47 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23