From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Moving to xorg-x11-7.0 (Modular X)
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:04:57
1 I am trying to move my system over to modular X, but I'm having a few
2 troubles. There are 4 packages that don't seem like they should be
3 bringing in virtual/x11-6.8, but they are.
4
5 Also, it's really confusing trying to figure out /why/ they are bringing in
6 virtual-x11. emerge -pvt is giving confusing results; basically saying
7 that virtual-x11 is coming in because of packages which don't even have an
8 optional dependency on X. :( I tried using equery g, but that actually
9 says the packages I'm trying to bring in /won't/ need virtual/x11-6.8.
10
11 Anyway, I've got an emerge capture and the relevant equery output, I'd love
12 it if someone could look at them and tell me what I need to do to complete
13 the migration. I didn't want to post them to the list because they are
14 about 38k...
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list