From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 2 months into an 8-month computation.
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 04:19:08
1 On 11/07/2019 20:59, Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > 'ey, I have the 2.3 months into an 8-month computation blues...
3 > [...]
4 > So basically all gentoo updates will have to be done at the end of this
5 > run, I'm not really sure when, sometime in the December-January timeframe.
6
7 I guess you should have written your code in a way that can store
8 current state so that it can resume. Failing that, you could have used a
9 VM that can save ("suspend") the guest state so that you can resume later.
10
11 Food for thought for the future, I guess :-)