From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel panic -- finding proper config diff
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:54:20
1 On Thursday 22 October 2009 20:36:48 Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > OK, went ahead and did it. It's already broke, what's the harm?.
3 > Looks like I'll be answering a lot of questions before I'm done.
4 > STRIP_ASM_SYMS !? what th'?
5
6 run menuconfig in another terminal, type "/", enter the string, press enter,
7 read screen. Possibly google some stuff. Entire problem sorted
8
9 But tell me, how is that different from doing it from scratch? You'd still
10 look at the option, you'd still have a "???WTF???" moment, you'd still use the
11 help function, google and this list. I fail to see any real difference....
12
13 Unless of course your emotions and frustrations are clouding your judgement in
14 this regard...