From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel panic -- finding proper config diff
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:36:50
1 OK, went ahead and did it. It's already broke, what's the harm?.
2 Looks like I'll be answering a lot of questions before I'm done.
3 STRIP_ASM_SYMS !? what th'?
4
5 On 10/22/09, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> Why not copy over the .29 config and run make oldconfig?
8 >
9 > I thought of that, but isn't there too much difference in the
10 > versions? I read somewhere that taking to big a leap between versions
11 > is unsafe. Not to mention the great whack of new options. If you do a
12 > diff -y between the two configs there are lots of gaps.
13 >
14 > mw