From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Console serial terminal/console with command history?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 01:33:22
1 On 05/22 03:43, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:39 PM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi
4 > >
5 > > I am currently exploring Mecrisp-Stellaris FORTH on a STM32F103C8 uC.
6 > >
7 > > To communicate with the FORTH-system I use a serlal terminal console
8 > > like picocom.
9 > >
10 > > Since I am still learning this quirky though fascinating language I
11 > > really would appreciate a commandline history.
12 > >
13 > > For that I tried picocom and picocom with rlfe / rlwrap, neocon,
14 > > screen, tio.
15 > >
16 > > None worked and/or has a fixed handling of CR<=>LF, which leads
17 > > to an
18 > > ugly
19 > > output.
20 > >
21 > > Is there any serial terminal/console (no gui), which has a command
22 > > history of some sort and a configurable handling of cr<=>lf?
23 > >
24 > > Thanks for any help in advance -- the FORTH will be with you!
25 > > Cheers
26 > > Meino
29 > Have you tried screen? It may have more features than kermit by
30 > default, but it is intended for speaking with "smart" terminal devices
31 > and will do lots of input processing.
32 >
33 > Based on your description of the problem you may want this?
34 >
35 > Cheers,
36 > R0b0t1
40 Hi all,
41
42 tahnks a lot for the huge and overwelming amount of posts. help and
43 opinion about things of the past and the present.
44
45 I have to apologise: I overlooked a certain option of rlwrap:
46
47 rlwrap -a picocom -b 115200 --imap lfcrlf,crcrlf -s /usr/local/bin/msend /dev/ttyACM0
48
49 or
50
51 rlwrap -a tio -b 115200 -d 8 -s 1 -p none -m INLCRNL /dev/ttyACM0
52
53 or similiar does the job perfectly.
54
55 Cheers!
56 Meino
57
58 PS: I also checked screen (no crlf handling), putty (has a gui and
59 minimal configuration possibilities for serial connections and bunch
60 more...)