From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Console serial terminal/console with command history?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 20:44:08
1 On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:39 PM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I am currently exploring Mecrisp-Stellaris FORTH on a STM32F103C8 uC.
5 >
6 > To communicate with the FORTH-system I use a serlal terminal console
7 > like picocom.
8 >
9 > Since I am still learning this quirky though fascinating language I
10 > really would appreciate a commandline history.
11 >
12 > For that I tried picocom and picocom with rlfe / rlwrap, neocon,
13 > screen, tio.
14 >
15 > None worked and/or has a fixed handling of CR<=>LF, which leads
16 > to an
17 > ugly
18 > output.
19 >
20 > Is there any serial terminal/console (no gui), which has a command
21 > history of some sort and a configurable handling of cr<=>lf?
22 >
23 > Thanks for any help in advance -- the FORTH will be with you!
24 > Cheers
25 > Meino
28 Have you tried screen? It may have more features than kermit by
29 default, but it is intended for speaking with "smart" terminal devices
30 and will do lots of input processing.
31
32 Based on your description of the problem you may want this?
33
34 Cheers,
35 R0b0t1