From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange new behavior from the "mount" command
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 00:34:39
1 On Saturday, April 18, 2015 3:59:15 PM walt wrote:
2 >
3 > execve("/bin/mount", ["mount"], [/* 61 vars */]) = 0
4 >
5 > That number 61 on the 'bad' machine is 48, though, and I don't know where
6 > that odd-looking string of characters is generated or what it means. To me
7 > it looks like a comment in a file of 'c' code.
8 >
9 > Still stumped :(
10
11 That would be the number of environment variables passed to execve. strace is
12 just trying not to be too noisy.
15 Are there any differences in the options used in fstab between both machines,
16 Especially the auto or noauto options or if one of them is using labels. The
17 mount(8) man page may have more hints.
20 Fernando Rodriguez