From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Where has my sound gone?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:33:33
1 On 09/11/2011 03:17 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello List,
3 >
4 > I was getting fed up with the bloat and maintenance headaches with my setup,
5 > which used the kde desktop profile and emerge kde-meta.
6 >
7 > So I formatted the root partition and installed from scratch. This time I
8 > kept the standard profile and only emerged the packages I wanted. I kept the
9 > kernel config (2.6.39-r3), so all the modules should be present as before. I
10 > have ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" in make.conf.
11 >
12 > But I have no sound! KDE tells me the hardware doesn't work, and alsaconf
13 > says it can't detect any PCI hardware. Lspci -k shows snd-hda-intel module
14 > loaded though, so I can't see what's missing.
15
16 Does alsa-info give any useful messages? How about dmesg or syslog? Did you
17 keep any of the useflags from your old make.conf?