From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HD 630?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:11:44
1 On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > * Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> [170327 18:04]:
5 > I've built a number of desktop machines using Intel i7 (mostly) CPUs
6 > with integrated GPU and all have been supported well in my
7 > gentoo-sources kernels.
8 >
9 > I find Intel GPU support "just works" far more often than AMD or nVidia.
12 That's my experience too, but only with lower end stuff. I'm not so
13 sure about Kaby Lake. I think I'll take a chance, though.
14
15 > Of course for heavy duty gaming then those go into a machine.
16 >
17 > But the Intel machines seem to have decent support for "lite" gaming
18 > (though certainly not "heavy duty")
19 >
20 Not a problem
21
22 Regards