From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating accounts in Thunderbird
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 12:33:13
1 On 03/02/2013 14:30, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 > Am 03.02.2013 12:51, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
3 >> Test driving this newfangled thunderbird thingy, trying to create the
4 >> last of my several accounts.
5 >>
6 >> This account does not need SMTP settings, i never send from it.
7 >> But the create Account Wizard insists on trying to validate passwords
8 >> and every setting other under the sun.
9 >>
10 >> How do I get Thunderbird to act like software and not assume it know
11 >> better than I do?
12 >> All I want is for it to accept what I put in the textbox and use it,
13 >> *and*do*nothing*else.
14 >>
15 >> Is there some magic config file where I can bypass the wizard?
18 > In the account wizzard, just click on manual config, enter all your
19 > settings, that's all. Just tested it with TB18.
22 Tried that, TB17 insists on verifying the password and won't continue
23 until the check passes.
24
25 Doesn't this software have a --justdowhatisay option?
26
27 It's a frigging email account for deities sake, it won't break things.
28 It's not launch codes for ICBMs....
31 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com