From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating accounts in Thunderbird
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 12:37:27
1 Am 03.02.2013 13:32, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > On 03/02/2013 14:30, Michael Hampicke wrote:
3 >> Am 03.02.2013 12:51, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
4 >>> Test driving this newfangled thunderbird thingy, trying to create the
5 >>> last of my several accounts.
6 >>>
7 >>> This account does not need SMTP settings, i never send from it.
8 >>> But the create Account Wizard insists on trying to validate passwords
9 >>> and every setting other under the sun.
10 >>>
11 >>> How do I get Thunderbird to act like software and not assume it know
12 >>> better than I do?
13 >>> All I want is for it to accept what I put in the textbox and use it,
14 >>> *and*do*nothing*else.
15 >>>
16 >>> Is there some magic config file where I can bypass the wizard?
17 >>>
18 >>
19 >> In the account wizzard, just click on manual config, enter all your
20 >> settings, that's all. Just tested it with TB18.
23 > Tried that, TB17 insists on verifying the password and won't continue
24 > until the check passes.
25 >
26 > Doesn't this software have a --justdowhatisay option?
27 >
28 > It's a frigging email account for deities sake, it won't break things.
29 > It's not launch codes for ICBMs....
32 Have you tried clicking on "advanced settings" then? This should close
33 the account wizzard - but create your account.