From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume question
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:17:13
1 On Monday 03 April 2006 20:39, Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > On Monday 03 April 2006 12:06, Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > Trying to do an 'emerge -e world' I come up against the odd
5 > > package that doesn't build without some intervention. I know I
6 > > can do 'emerge --resume --skipfirst' and carry on, but sometimes
7 > > the broken package could be built ok with a little intervention,
8 > > for example, my build breaks on pilot-link, which can be simply
9 > > fixed with 'FEATURES="-sandbox" emerge pilot-link'. Problem is, I
10 > > can't do a resume after this as the emerge list from the world
11 > > build has been blatted when I emerged pilot-link. So, is there
12 > > any way I can preserve the state of the world build, so that
13 > > after building the breaking package I can do a --resume
14 > > --skipfirst and carry on with the world build? Any other
15 > > suggestions for workarounds?
16 >
17 > I'm just experiencing the same thing - with over 800 ebuilds this is
18 > an important question. I'm noting the problem ebuilds in a log
19 > file manually, so I can see to them when it's all over.
20
21 This is resilient to the single merge between resumes case in 2.1_pre.
22 For 2.0, you can manually back up and restore /var/cache/edp/mtimedb.
25 Jason Stubbs
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list