From: Peter Ruskin <peter.ruskin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume question
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:49:18
1 On Monday 03 April 2006 12:06, Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Trying to do an 'emerge -e world' I come up against the odd
4 > package that doesn't build without some intervention. I know I
5 > can do 'emerge --resume --skipfirst' and carry on, but sometimes
6 > the broken package could be built ok with a little intervention,
7 > for example, my build breaks on pilot-link, which can be simply
8 > fixed with 'FEATURES="-sandbox" emerge pilot-link'. Problem is, I
9 > can't do a resume after this as the emerge list from the world
10 > build has been blatted when I emerged pilot-link. So, is there
11 > any way I can preserve the state of the world build, so that
12 > after building the breaking package I can do a --resume
13 > --skipfirst and carry on with the world build? Any other
14 > suggestions for workarounds?
15
16 I'm just experiencing the same thing - with over 800 ebuilds this is
17 an important question. I'm noting the problem ebuilds in a log
18 file manually, so I can see to them when it's all over.
21 Peter
23 Gentoo Linux: Portage 2.0.54. kernel-2.6.16-gentoo.
24 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+. gcc(GCC): 3.4.6.
25 KDE: 3.5.2. Qt: 3.3.6.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list