From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update-grub? I have no such thing.
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 02:56:35
1 On 10/14/07, Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2007, Mark Shields wrote:
5 >
6 > > And no, you don't need it. Writing and maintaining your own menu.lst (
7 > > grub.conf) works just fine.
8 >
9 > well, I have a 'vmlinuz' entry and a 'vmlinuz.old' entry. Since make
10 > install
11 > creates the proper symlinks there is no grub.conf/menu.lst editing needed.
12 > --
13 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
16 Of course, those are symlinks. Specifying the actual kernel rather than a
17 symlink ensures you're always booting from the correct kernel. I have one
18 entry in grub.conf pointing to /vmlinuz , the others point to specific
19 kernels.
22 - Mark Shields