From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Video streaming solution
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:19:11
1 On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 15:37 +0100, Rafael Bugajewski wrote:
2
3 > The clients (or projectors) should work this way that I turn them on and it
4 > just works, no configuration, no clicking, _nothing_. I know, that I can
5 > realize it with scripts, but I completely dunno what software to use. The
6 > whole controlling process should be done from the server.
7
8 for this part, you'll most likely have to look at network booting (if
9 you're using thin clients or workstations).
10
11 > The server itself should have a simple user interface (for users which dunno
12 > much about computers). They can configure which stream to show on which
13 > client and also disable the streams.
14
15 It sounds like you're going to have to integrate a few packages
16 yourself, to do just what you want. I don't know of anything that will
17 do the whole lot for you.
18 --
19 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
20
21 10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list