From: Rafael Bugajewski <rb@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Video streaming solution
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:49:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 I search for a open source solution for video streams. What I want to do is to
4 have a server with a simple GUI on which I can control several video streams
5 that get distributed. The streams have to be distributed to thin clients or
6 video projectors. In the case I would use video projectors I have the
7 question: Are there some video projectors with a network interface? If yes,
8 which protocol do they speak, is there a standard?
9
10 The clients (or projectors) should work this way that I turn them on and it
11 just works, no configuration, no clicking, _nothing_. I know, that I can
12 realize it with scripts, but I completely dunno what software to use. The
13 whole controlling process should be done from the server.
14
15 The server itself should have a simple user interface (for users which dunno
16 much about computers). They can configure which stream to show on which
17 client and also disable the streams.
18
19 Does anybody has an idea how such a configuration can be realized and with
20 which software?
21
22 Greets,
23