From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blt does not match version of tcl/tk...
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 18:21:51
1 On 2019.10.22 14:08, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I installed (beside other related things) tcl/tk 8.6.9 and
5 > blt 2.4z-r3.
6 >
7 > When using files from the "demo"-directory of blt it says:
8 > " version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.6.9, need exactly 8.6"
9 >
10 > I checked the sources of blt and the patch files but couldn't
11 > find anything, which points me the piece of code to fix it.
12 >
13 > How/where can I fix that?
14 >
15 > Cheers!
16 > mcc
17 I don't use either of those, but it sound like blt is looking
18 specifically for 8.6.0, instead of any 8.6.x. My guess is that is a
19 bug in the code they use to check for the tcl version. I don't know
20 where you looked, but I'd search for "need exactly" not only in the blt
21 code, but also in the files in the demo directory. You might also
22 check on a blt mailing list or forum.
23
24 Jack