From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blt does not match version of tcl/tk...
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 18:30:19
1 On 10/22 02:21, Jack wrote:
2 > On 2019.10.22 14:08, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I installed (beside other related things) tcl/tk 8.6.9 and
6 > > blt 2.4z-r3.
7 > >
8 > > When using files from the "demo"-directory of blt it says:
9 > > " version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.6.9, need exactly 8.6"
10 > >
11 > > I checked the sources of blt and the patch files but couldn't
12 > > find anything, which points me the piece of code to fix it.
13 > >
14 > > How/where can I fix that?
15 > >
16 > > Cheers!
17 > > mcc
18 > I don't use either of those, but it sound like blt is looking specifically
19 > for 8.6.0, instead of any 8.6.x. My guess is that is a bug in the code they
20 > use to check for the tcl version. I don't know where you looked, but I'd
21 > search for "need exactly" not only in the blt code, but also in the files in
22 > the demo directory. You might also check on a blt mailing list or forum.
23 >
24 > Jack
25
26 Hi Jack,
27
28 thanks for the hints! :)
29
30 I already checked that...nativ blt2.4z isn't made for 8.6.
31 The Gentoo devs have patched it up to 8.6.
32 But Gentoo installs tcl/tk 8.6.9.
33 So there is a contradiction...
34
35 Cheers!