From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Default locale/charset changed after update?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:31:49
1 >> Sometime in the past week or two, doing and emerge sync/update
2 >> appears to have changed the default charset from iso-8859 to
3 >> UTF8. There are still too many apps I use everyday that don't
4 >> support UTF8, so this was a problem.
5 >>
6 >> Creating /etc/env.d/02locale and running env-update fixed the
7 >> problem, but I'm curious how/when the default changed.
8 >
9 > IIRC the default locale is either C or POSIX unless you
10 > specifically alter it.
11 >
12 > grep the contents of /etc/env.d/ for LANG or LC_ALL and use
13 > equery to see which ebuilds own any files that appear.
14
15 Neither was present in env.d nor the environment until I
16 created /etc/env.d/02locale. Running 'locale' showed both of
17 them unset, and everything else it showed was POSIX.
20 Grant Edwards grante Yow! "DARK SHADOWS"
21 at is on!! Hey, I think
22 visi.com the VAMPIRE forgot his
23 UMBRELLA!!
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list