From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Default locale/charset changed after update?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:58:00
1 On Saturday, 23 December 2006 3:09, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Sometime in the past week or two, doing and emerge sync/update
3 > appears to have changed the default charset from iso-8859 to
4 > UTF8. There are still too many apps I use everyday that don't
5 > support UTF8, so this was a problem.
6 >
7 > Creating /etc/env.d/02locale and running env-update fixed the
8 > problem, but I'm curious how/when the default changed.
9
10 IIRC the default locale is either C or POSIX unless you specifically alter it.
11
12 grep the contents of /etc/env.d/ for LANG or LC_ALL and use equery to see
13 which ebuilds own any files that appear.
16 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list