From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help - system reboots while compiling
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:39:49
1 On 2/11/07, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I am having trouble when compiling things on Gentoo. When I start a compile,
5 > it goes partway through and then reboots the machine (I can't confirm it's
6 > due to a compile but it seems likely since I have been compiling things each
7 > of the times this has happened.
8 >
9 > One thing that might be causing the problem (?) is that last time I compiled
10 > the kernel I stupidly left out ACPI support.
11 >
12 > Any ideas?
13 >
14 > TIA,
15 >
16 > Jeff
17 > --
18 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
22 I would go with Hammann with
23 "Make sure, that it is overheating and not a weak/dying PSU."
24
25 Many people neglect to realise how important a decent PSU is, and how
26 major an effect it can have on systems. A dodgy PSU in my experience
27 can do everything from -CAUSING- overheating, to random shutoffs, and
28 MURDERING hard drives.
29 I had one which killed 3 Hard Drives before I realised thats what the
30 problem was, and the last hard drive was so cooked it didn't even spin
31 up.
34 Kent
35 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
36 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list