From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help - system reboots while compiling
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:06:08
1 On 11/02/07, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > I would go with Hammann with
7 > "Make sure, that it is overheating and not a weak/dying PSU."
8 >
9 > Many people neglect to realise how important a decent PSU is, and how
10 > major an effect it can have on systems. A dodgy PSU in my experience
11 > can do everything from -CAUSING- overheating, to random shutoffs, and
12 > MURDERING hard drives.
13 > I had one which killed 3 Hard Drives before I realised thats what the
14 > problem was, and the last hard drive was so cooked it didn't even spin
15 > up.
16 >
17 > --
20 Joy. I should certainly hope it is NOT the PSU as it is new, and replaced a
21 dead one.
22
23 ("New" as in "bought sometime in the summer")
24
25 Will check all the same, thanks
26
27 Jeff