From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /etc/conf.d/net
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:11:47
1 On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 10:13 -0400, brettholcomb@×××××××××.net wrote:
2 > Don't feel bad Alan - for me, also this is very unclear. I upgraded baselayout
3 > then got the message my conf.d/net was using deprecated syntax so I went to
4 > net.example, copied it to net which is symlinked to net.eth0 (after backing up<G>).
5 > I then went through the file and found that it appears iproute2 is now
6 > preferred although there are no man pages or docs and it got installed
7 > on my system.
8
9 I came to the same conclusions, which means that I now have to get to
10 grips with using iproute2 after many years of using ifconfig/route. All
11 this is probably documented somewhere, so I plan to find it's hiding
12 place on the wiki then post a link here :-)
13
14 Several people have had /etc/conf.d/net issues lately so maybe it's time
15 we resolved these questions fully
16
17 alan
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list