From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: udev-140
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:53:53
1 On 2009-03-16, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday 16 March 2009 22:20:37 Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >> > I wouldn't really have minded the inconvenience, except that while all
4 >> > this was going on, the largest data centre in the Southern Hemisphere was
5 >> > dropping off the air one router at a time, my desktop machine was
6 >> > panicing after 4 minutes of use (so that's why I stopped using it 6
7 >> > months ago!) and I had to use putty on the GF's Thinkpad to do my bit to
8 >> > rescue all this. Putty sucks, really badly. The only thing that sucks
9 >> > worse than Putty on Windows is Putty on Symbian, even on a Nokia
10 >> > Communicator with a semi-decent keyboard (for a phone) :-)
11 >>
12 >> What sucks about PuTTY on Windows? I use it all the time and it seems
13 >> to do everything... Granted, I just use it for simple serial port
14 >> devices and SSH stuff, no exotic terminal emulations.
15 >
16 > Putty itself isn't too bad if you look at it as a Windows app.
17 > It can never be anything other than a Windows app
18
19 That's odd -- the Linux version works fine for me.
20
21 http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/putty-0.60.tar.gz
24 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I hope I bought the
25 at right relish ... zzzzzzzzz
26 visi.com ...