From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Font recommendations for netbook?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 03:32:56
1 On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 02:25:40PM -0500, Joshua Murphy wrote
3 >
4 >> I have dell mini 9 here with flux running beautifully on all 1024x600
5 >
6 >  Speaking of Fluxbox, I have it installed.  I've experimented with some
7 > fonts.  I find that regardless of the fonts I install, xterm runs a
8 > tiny, almost unreadable font.  And what's worse, I *CANNOT* resize the
9 > font.  xterm totally ignores anything I set by hitting
10 > {CTRL}{RIGHT-CLICK} inside an xterm.  Any ideas?
11 >
12 > --
13 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
14
15 setting the font and size in ~/.Xresources should do the trick.
16
17 Quite a few good pointers here (one of the early hits on google when I
18 realized I set everything *except* font for aterm on my netbook here):
19
20 http://fixunix.com/debian/132898-xterm-font-size.html
21
22 obviously, if it's ignoring your selections on the menu, the bits on
23 that thread about setting available font options on the menu aren't
24 much help, but much of the rest should help.
27 Poison [BLX]
28 Joshua M. Murphy