From: Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and VPN, plus security in generla
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 23:09:04
1 On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 05:57:11PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > been wondering about. It mentioned using a VPN so that the NSA, my ISP
3 > and others couldn't "see" what was going on. So, my first question,
4 > does that work and does it require the site on the other end to have it
5 > set up as well? Bonus question, is it easy to use on any site if it
6 > doesn't require the other end to use it? I'm thinking of using this for
7 > my banking/financial sites as well if it is a good idea.
8
9 I tried a VPN for banking; as many different source IPs were showing as
10 attempting to log into my online account, the bank thought I was being
11 hacked and locked my accounts. Took many trips to the bank to create
12 all new accounts, etc.
13
14 As to VPNs in general, see:
15