From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to use mplayer play file online?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:43:34
1 > You have to download it as it has to be in RAM before mplayer can use
2 > it.
3 >
4 > And you have to download the whole thing as it's a container file, not a
5 > stream.
6 So, you mean mplayer can NOT play stream?
7 As far as I know, mplayer can play file on a web(html) site.
8 In "man mplayer", I can see that :
9
10 Stream from HTTP:
11 mplayer http://mplayer.hq/example.avi
12
13 Stream using RTSP:
14 mplayer rtsp://server.example.com/streamName
15
16 So, I think there may be some ways to play mplayer from the ftp(or
17 other protocol).
18 Somebody work it out and suggested me to do it like this:
19
20 wget ftp://THE_FTPSERVER/1.RM -O - | mplayer -cache 8192 -
21
22 But I just failed every time I tried to do it in this way. Can you do
23 it successfully?
27 > --
28 > Alan McKinnon
29 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com