From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Secure remote backup
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 10:47:28
1 On Saturday 04 November 2006 17:19, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 13:56:04 +0100, Dan Johansson wrote:
3 > > Me and a friend are looking into the possibility to do
4 > > cross-site-remote-backups (I'm backing up my data to a directory in his
5 > > box and he on mine). We want the connection and remote-storage to
6 > > encrypted and we do not want to open too many ports in our firewalls.
7 > > Any suggestions on how this could be accomplished?
8 >
9 > I use a combination of sshfs and encfs to keep my backups encrypted at
10 > Strongspace. You can use this with any online backup or web hosting
11 > services as long as they allow ssh file transfers (you don't need ssh
12 > login).
13
14 This sounds like an interesting approach, would you mind sharing some more
15 details about your setup/configuration?
16
17 Tanks,
18 --
19 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
21 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!