From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde and qt - something strange
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:31:23
1 On Friday 06 November 2009 14:13:17 Skippy wrote:
2 > Hi y'all. I've got a problem (a computer problem that is) that is
3 > driving me nuts. The folks at forums.gentoo have been helping me out,
4 > but not a solution yet. I thought I'd ask over here.
5 >
6 > In a nutshell here is the problem:
7 >
8 > ---------------------------------------
9 >
10 > checking for KDE... libraries /usr/kde/3.5/lib64,
11 > headers /usr/kde/3.5/include checking if UIC has KDE plugins
12 > available... no configure: error:
13 > you need to install kdelibs first.
14 >
15 > If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
16 > this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
17 > The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if it is the
18 > _same Qt version_, compiled with the _same compiler_ and the same Qt
19 > configuration settings.
20 >
21 > ---------------------------------------------
22 >
23 > The whole process so far is found at:
24 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6026707#6026707
25 >
26 > Can anyone offer any ideas? Thanks so very much, Skippy
30 You don't give a whole lot of info. We don't even know what package your are
31 trying to emerge (no, I'm not going to trawl through yet another forum page to
32 find that, I expect you to do the heavy lifting yourself and supply that
33 info).
34
35 Did you even do what the message says, and remerge kdelibs?
38 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com