From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: two usb memory devices
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:53:54
1 > Sure, I can put manual entries in to fix this, but, isn't that what
2 > udev and hal/ivman/dbus are support to do, automagically? Every time
3 > I want to use 2 usb memory sticks on any computer, my only option is
4 > to manually edit the fstab?
5
6 shouldn't it be possible to create an udev rule to give different device
7 names? Furthermore: Isn't it possible to make mount mounting the
8 devices according to their disc labels?
9
10 The advantage of Linux is that there are choices, and I guess it is not
11 that easy to choose the right one for your issue ;-) .
15 Best regards
18 ce
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list