From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: two usb memory devices
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:43:29
1 Christoph Eckert <ce <at> christeck.de> writes:
4 > > Sure, I can put manual entries in to fix this, but, isn't that what
5 > > udev and hal/ivman/dbus are support to do, automagically? Every time
6 > > I want to use 2 usb memory sticks on any computer, my only option is
7 > > to manually edit the fstab?
8
9 > shouldn't it be possible to create an udev rule to give different device
10 > names? Furthermore:
11
12 OK, I'm not sure I can create a udev rule for this. Got an example?
13
14 > Isn't it possible to make mount mounting the
15 > devices according to their disc labels?
16
17 Yes but udev + hal/ivman/dbus should do this automatically.
18
19 > The advantage of Linux is that there are choices, and I guess it is not
20 > that easy to choose the right one for your issue .
21
22 If I have to choose, I'd choose udev rule. If I write a specific rule
23 in fstab for these devices, what happens when I use another (3rd) different
24 usb memory device?
25
26 James
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list