From: Nilesh Govindrajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My printing's not working. Help, please!
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 00:58:56
1 On Apr 14, 2012 4:59 AM, <ny6p01@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 03:39:12PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
4 > > Hi, all.
5 > >
6 > > My printing's not working. I've got cups-1.4.8-r1 installed.
7 > >
8 > > If I attempt to print from (say) Mozilla, everything appears to go fine
9 > > up to the actual printing. I do
10 > >
11 > > # lpq
12 > >
13 > > , then I get this:
14 > >
15 > > ML-1450 is ready and printing
16 > > Rank Owner Job File(s) Total Size
17 > > active acm 44 Lernen im Internet - Anmeldung 94208 bytes
18 > >
19 > > .
20 > >
21 > > However the printer isn't actually printing. I know there's nothing
22 > > wrong with the printer or USB cable as such, since I can do
23 > >
24 > > $ echo printing^L > /dev/lp0
25 > >
26 > > , and a page with "printing" on it comes out of my printer.
27 > >
28 > > Any suggestions?
29 > >
30 > > --
31 > > Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).
34 > Have you checked the cups setup - http://localhost:631 - and looked at all
35 > the setup settings and the Jobs queue? Sounds like a driver issue to me,
36 but
37 > I always use HP printers, and hplip takes care of the drivers. I'm not
38 > familiar with the drivers for Samsung products.
39 >
40 > Perhaps someone will come along who has that printer that can assist you.
41 > Also you might ask on freenode IRC, channel #gentoo. That is a very
42 helpful
43 > resource. Good luck!
44 >
45 > Terry
48 The backend driver might be failing. See cups error log.
51 Nilesh Govindrajan
52 http://nileshgr.com