From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage blocking portage update
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 10:00:24
1 On Tuesday, 8 December 2020 09:38:43 GMT Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 at 10:07, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > I just did an "emerge --sync", and was told to update portage. But it
4 > >
5 > > seems that portage 3.0.8 built with python 3.7 is blocking portage 3.0.9
6 > > with python 3.8. I obviously can't remove portage to fix the block <G>.
7 > > Note "grep -i python /etc/portage/make.conf" shows no output at all. In
8 > > package.use, PYTHON_TARGETS: and PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: are commented out.
9 >
10 > It's a dependency problem that I find that it is not worth to
11 > untangle. I had the exact same problem yesterday on a different
12 > machine.
13 >
14 > My advice: skip this and go straight to world update. portage will
15 > most likely figure out the tangle for you, and update itself during
16 > the world update.
17
18 Agreed. That's what I did: just updated as usual and all went tickety-boo.
21 Regards,
22 Peter.