From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage blocking portage update
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 09:38:56
1 On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 at 10:07, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I just did an "emerge --sync", and was told to update portage. But it
3 > seems that portage 3.0.8 built with python 3.7 is blocking portage 3.0.9
4 > with python 3.8. I obviously can't remove portage to fix the block <G>.
5 > Note "grep -i python /etc/portage/make.conf" shows no output at all. In
6 > package.use, PYTHON_TARGETS: and PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: are commented out.
7
8 It's a dependency problem that I find that it is not worth to
9 untangle. I had the exact same problem yesterday on a different
10 machine.
11
12 My advice: skip this and go straight to world update. portage will
13 most likely figure out the tangle for you, and update itself during
14 the world update.
15
16 Regards,
17 Arve