From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network printer not being found
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 11:52:04
1 On Friday, 30 October 2020 11:20:05 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > [Some snipping]
3 >
4 > On Thursday, 29 October 2020 19:25:47 GMT Michael wrote:
5
6 > > Have a look here in case there is some step you've missed out:
7 > >
8 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Printing
9 >
10 > Yes, I've done that.
11 >
12 > > Cups usually captures informative logs and you can set increased verbosity
13 > > for more detail. What do these logs report?
14 >
15 > Ah! I think it's a pam problem: permission denied. I am in the lp group
16 > though. Do I also need to be in the lpadmin group? I never have been before.
17
18 Have another look at the above document and in particular pay attention to:
19
20 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Printing#Configuration
21
22 You need to add your user to the lpadmin group.