From: Gilberto Martins <zigotto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with GRUB in the installation of Gentoo
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:32:51
1 Hi,
2 On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 13:30 -0300, Gilberto Martins wrote:
3 > Hi again ...
4 > ---cut---
5 > > > Then, kindly selected GRUB, and did this simple /boot/grub.conf file:
6 > > >
7 > > > default 0
8 > > > timeout 0
9 > > > splashimage=(dhb0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
10 think this is a typo^, mine is:splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
11
12 You are right, I did it wrong here. But the correct one is as you typed here.
13
14 > Concerning to Kernel name, does it must have a specific name format ?
15 > If yes, wich would be the name ?
16 No i don't think is *has* to be a fixed name, but most people comply to
17 some conventions (e.x. kernel-2.6.15-r3, gentoo-kernel-2.6.15-r4 etc.)
18 Using 'genkernel' so don't remember, check install guide if interested.
19 Check grub man page & guide as Grub has some strange naming conventions.
20
21 I tried not to use genkernel, for I did some changes in kernel. Can
22 any buddie confirm wich are the kernel file and others that must be
23 copied to \boot after compiling it in hand ?
24
25 Thanks for all help you are giving. I was in other list many years
26 ago, and left for I haven`t received help, but RTFM as answers. I just
27 came here after reading gentoo handbook and Grub Manual and many
28 relative docs.
29
30 Thanks for help.
31 >