From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: neil@××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: error scanning <directory>/
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:22:52
1 On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:13:02 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > age syncs.
5 >
6 > You won't be banned for the odd extra sync. Syncing every hour is
7 > another matter.
8 >
9 I used to sync my main tree twice a day. Never banned, never any angry
10 emails. (It was then served to my local network over NFS; that's how I
11 justified syncing twice daily, at 4 am and 4 pm).
12
13 I since dropped down to once a day so I could see how fast my servers
14 are outdated, but I really don't think anybody minds if you sync a
15 little excessively once in a while. Its mostly a matter of
16 consideration for other rsync users, I think .
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list