From: Rafael Barrera Oro <borafael@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: error scanning <directory>/
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:29:23
1 Well, seems like i took netiquette a little bit too serious :P
2
3 2007/9/20, Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>:
4 >
5 > On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:13:02 +0100
6 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 >
8 > > age syncs.
9 > >
10 > > You won't be banned for the odd extra sync. Syncing every hour is
11 > > another matter.
12 > >
13 > I used to sync my main tree twice a day. Never banned, never any angry
14 > emails. (It was then served to my local network over NFS; that's how I
15 > justified syncing twice daily, at 4 am and 4 pm).
16 >
17 > I since dropped down to once a day so I could see how fast my servers
18 > are outdated, but I really don't think anybody minds if you sync a
19 > little excessively once in a while. Its mostly a matter of
20 > consideration for other rsync users, I think .
21 >
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list