From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] excess x11 drivers
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 15:19:21
1 Am Sonntag, 16. November 2008 16:12:58 schrieb Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto:
2 > On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
3 >
4 > <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
6 > >> I posted some output in anther thread concerning update world
7 > >> (Subject: How to fix a hefty (emerge) blocking problem)
8 > >>
9 > >> Someone noticed I had too many x11 drivers installed and suggested I
10 > >> set the /etc/make.conf VIDEO_CARDS variable (which I never have set
11 > >> before)
12 > >>
13 > >> I figured out I have an nvidia card so set VIDEO_CARDS="nv"
14 > >
15 > > Could you please post your entire make.conf?
16 >
17 > While we are at it, could you please post emerge --info?
18
19 Just courious: What exactly do you want with all this information? IMHO, the
20 only usefull information comes from lspci and eventually an X11 log file.
21
22 Bye...
23
24 Dirk