From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] excess x11 drivers
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 15:13:00
1 On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
2 <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> I posted some output in anther thread concerning update world
5 >> (Subject: How to fix a hefty (emerge) blocking problem)
6 >>
7 >> Someone noticed I had too many x11 drivers installed and suggested I
8 >> set the /etc/make.conf VIDEO_CARDS variable (which I never have set
9 >> before)
10 >>
11 >> I figured out I have an nvidia card so set VIDEO_CARDS="nv"
14 > Could you please post your entire make.conf?
15 >
16 While we are at it, could you please post emerge --info?
19 Software is like sex: it is better when it is free - Linus Torvalds