From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with routing
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:50:08
1 Hans-Werner Hilse schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:59:03 +0200
5 > Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de> wrote:
6 >
7 >> I'll attach relevant ifconfig, route and iptables -L output.
8 >
9 > Hm, OK. This:
10 > ----snip----
11 > Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
12 > target prot opt source destination
13 > ACCEPT all -- 10.8.0.1 anywhere
14 > ACCEPT all -- anywhere 10.8.0.1
15 > DROP all -- !10.8.0.1 anywhere
16 > ----snip----
17 >
18 > is on what computer? On the "server" (I guess it's the router) the last
19 > line would effectively prevent routing for the client (but I don't know
20 > why ICMP works...). I would suggest starting without it and then
21 > setting up proper rules -- and then setting the chain's policy to DROP
22 > (plus some REJECT rules for proper answers).
23 >
24 > Dan's hint is also worth investigating.
25 > BTW: use route/ifconfig/netstat/iptables' "-n" switch to make analysis
26 > easier!
27 >
28 > -hwh
29
30 I followed the howto's nomenclature of "server" and "client".
31 I'm a bit puzzled right now. Is there anything essentially wrong with
32 the howto ( http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_quick_routing )? I followed it
33 word by word.
34 The drop rule is explained as "#prevent others ip from conecting to my eth0"
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list