From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with routing
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:10:17
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:59:03 +0200
4 Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de> wrote:
5
6 > I'll attach relevant ifconfig, route and iptables -L output.
7
8 Hm, OK. This:
9 ----snip----
10 Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
11 target prot opt source destination
12 ACCEPT all -- 10.8.0.1 anywhere
13 ACCEPT all -- anywhere 10.8.0.1
14 DROP all -- !10.8.0.1 anywhere
15 ----snip----
16
17 is on what computer? On the "server" (I guess it's the router) the last
18 line would effectively prevent routing for the client (but I don't know
19 why ICMP works...). I would suggest starting without it and then
20 setting up proper rules -- and then setting the chain's policy to DROP
21 (plus some REJECT rules for proper answers).
22
23 Dan's hint is also worth investigating.
24 BTW: use route/ifconfig/netstat/iptables' "-n" switch to make analysis
25 easier!
26
27 -hwh
28 --