From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with routing
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:24:07
1 On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:48:20 +0200
2 Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > is on what computer? On the "server" (I guess it's the router) the
5 > last line would effectively prevent routing for the client (but I
6 > don't know why ICMP works...). I would suggest starting without it
7 > and then setting up proper rules -- and then setting the chain's
8 > policy to DROP (plus some REJECT rules for proper answers).
9
10 I agree, I thought your firewall rules were a little wacky too. These
11 rules only route to one host. generally you'd want to route to a whole
12 network, not just one host.
13
14 > (but I don't know why ICMP works...).
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list